Friday, January 1, 2016

First Day of College layout

My craft room has been in such disarray for so long that I have been unable to scrapbook. I finally used this long break to tidy it up (for the most part). I needed to scrap these photos of my youngest on her first day of college. I did struggle with it. I backed the patterned paper (Authentique Classic Beauty Collection - Beauty Four) from the November 2015 'Ain't no sunshine' kit with the yellow card stock from the kit. I liked it but it was missing something. I had the pink washi from the kit out for under the photos and the top of the tag and decided to add it to the top and bottom and I felt that was the touch it needed. Then I had trapped spaces and things here and there to fix but in the end I was happy with it.
Oh, I outlined all the layering papers with black ink. I tried to be all Tracy Banks and do it freehand. Nope! She is a goddess at that. I couldn't keep my pen on the paper, in anything close to a straight line. So, I gave up and used a ruler. Maybe I will practice and get better.
I punched a 1" circle out of the yellow card stock (I gutted it before using it to back the patterned paper} and stamped the date on it and put it in the lens of the acrylic camera.
Most everything on this layout was from the Scraptastic Club November 2015 'Ain't No Sunshine Kit' but the acrylic hearts and things were from a sale bag of wood veneers and things from Scraptastic and the flower on the right was from a swap at the Yahoo Scrap-a-holic anonymous group and a couple of things were from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment