Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cameo and Fondant

I cut fondant on my Silhouette Cameo to make the black silhouettes on my daughter's Paris themed sweet sixteen birthday cake.

I also used my Silhouette Cameo to make the 3d eiffel tower on top.

I really like how it turned out.  She was very happy with it and it didn't cost the $125.00 I was quoted by a cake maker!  I was shocked to say the least.

So, 4 cakes mixes ($1.80 each), black fondant ($3.50) patterned fondant ($3.50) tub of premixed icing ($12.00) one piece of black card stock (pennies), look of joy on my daughter's face....priceless!

3 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. I'm sure she loved it and you should be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful. I'm sure she loved it and you should be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake turned out amazing! It looks like it was a real labour of love, and I'm sure she was blown away by it! tfs!

    ReplyDelete