Saturday, September 13, 2014

SVG Cuts dress form

This is a dress form I made using the svgcuts.com dress form file.  I love SVG files!  I think the next one I make I will use stiffer card stock for the base and stand.  I plan on making one for my daughter to use to decorate the bathroom at her haunted house she is working.  I plan on using black card stock and tulle with Halloween paper.  To give it that haunted house feel I will put blood dripping from the neck and arm areas and plastic spiders on the tulle and on the base.  I will post a picture when I get it done.  This set came with a hat box a couple of cards and a lipstick box.  I want to make them all.  This dress form took almost three hours to complete.

This is the one I made for my daughter to put in the bathroom at the haunted house she is helping with.  Not very scary but I still love it.  I need black or red tulle but alas I have none.  Black with spiders would be amazing.  I love svcuts.com.  Great cut files with video tutorials to help you put them together.  No, I'm not affiliated with them but they are the only cut files I buy other than the Silhouette online store files.  Oh yeah, on the Halloween one, I added beads to the inside of the pedestal pole to make it more sturdy.  I think I should have added some to the base as well.  There is always next time.  I have a seamstress or two that work for me when our theatre group does shows.  I'm always looking for clever gifts.  I will be making them these filled with candy or sewing notions as a thank you for the next go-around of costumes.  Good way to give a gift card to a sewing shop, clothing store gift card for a teenager, crochet hook and gift card, earrings and money, the list goes on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment