Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sanding - The next technique


This time I drew sanding.

I had picked out some pictures from our last trip to Wisconsin last year. We had gone to Summerfest and Bob Marley's son, Stephen Marley was playing. I used papers from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found paper pack. To use sanding, I rand a piece of white core black cardstock through my DYMO label maker and spelled out Stephen Marley and then sanded the top of the letters to make them pop. I also crumpled and distressed the brown striped paper and sanded it. I used my Silhouette Cameo to print & cut the title and used a photo mat with guitars on it and the file folder (that hides my journaling) from a swap on the Scrapaholics Anonymous Yahoo group since I am also trying to incorporate swap items into my layouts.



6 comments:

  1. Looks great Lisa. Maybe I need to try this To get me scrapbooking & use supplies. Maybe I need to draw photo ideas too because I tend to only do our annual beach vacation & nothing else gets done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check this out Misi.

      http://clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/blogs/articles/archive/2011/03/22/photo-checklists-10-must-take-photos-for-every-month-of-the-year.aspx

      It is a list of photos you should take every month.

      I also have a file on my computer desktop that is called "PRINT". After I put my photos that I have taken into their respective year / month / event folders in my pictures folder I copy the ones I want to scap into the print folder. Then I go to Walmart.com and send them to print. Once printed, I put them into stacks by layout and put a post-it-note over them and put them in a photo box that I keep for upcoming projects that is on my craft table. That way I can just grab a stack and go to work.

      Delete
  2. great job with the sanding! love the little guitars too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. I recognize that photo mat, I made that for the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great LO oh I so love this and I have lots of old pics at the beach, maybe lifting this! TFS
    Also loving this idea of the strips of paper and I think I will be doing the same. I have lots and lots of supplies and this will be a great way to use them up and challenge my self also. With summer winding down and the air getting cooler this may be the ticket to getting some long awaited scrappin done. Thanks oh so much!

    ReplyDelete